Flex printing is a growing business and it is proved by recent surveys that showed demand for flex has grown multiple times over the years. It is common to find flex banners on almost all roads. Some good examples are birthday wishes of political leaders, construction projects banners, advertisements of brands. These events will never wind up in our life and soceity and so does their demand. The negatives of flex printing business is the involment of hefty costs and slowness.
Flex printing is a business that demands you a lot of imagination power. You should be able to understand various colour combinations, photo editing, cropping, and have a good familiarity with your local languages. It is possible when you take a course that will help you master it all.
You don’t need to get a specific education in order to conduct your flex printing business. In order to learn flex printing you can take a 3-4 months coral draw or photoshop course from your local institution. You may also want to get a diploma or a degree in printing for addtional advantage for your business endevour.
You need atleast four months to one year expertise in order to learn more and most importantly will help you to be at an ease when you do an independent flex printing work.
What you’ll learn?
Hoarding and singage banner- People who see advertisement from 10-30 feets away with miniumum number of words can easily understand the ad message. So, hoardings are made by putting big words with aesthically appealing or attractive images. The file should be a JPEG made while the resolutions 72 DPI. There are two common types of flex used.
- Front lit Flex – Front Lit Flex can be seen during daylight but it is very important to show it during night light as well. In front lit flex, the light is shed on the flex using a large halogen light. The low resolution posters, street banners, and hoardings are made with each square feet costing you Rs. 10-20.
- Back lit Flex – It is also known by glow sign board widely made for shops, showrooms, and hotels. It features the insertion of light from the back with 6-8 inches apart on the flex using a tube or CFP bulb. The each square feet would cost you 30-35 Rupees.
The PVC material sheet is used to make flakes and its quality chart is given is below.
- 260 Gram Per Square meter
- 280 Gram Per Square meter
- 300 Gram Per Square meter
- 320 Gram Per Square meter
- 340 Gram Per Square meter
- 440 Gram Per Square meter
Advantages of PVC Material – The use of PVC materual allows you to enjoy flexibility. good strength, good looking color, water proof and difficult to burn and most importantly is safe. These are some features why PVC isbeing used in large quantities.
The flex can be designed using a Coreldraw or Photoshop. You can take a course and understand better the best software that serve your needs and requirements.
Investment analysis- A flex printing machine will get you for about 5 to 6 lakhs in order to start small business. You also require 2 computers and scanners. Your space requirements at minimum would span for around 300 square feet for printing machine setup and a seperate office.
In conclusion you could earn a loads of money running a flex printing business as you will never face a shortage for work. However, making banner designs is very tiring work. Your main customers to serve flex printing include political parties, activists, social organisations, etc. Be careful dealing with them as their borrowing could make you suffer losses.